Welcome

I am constantly amazed at how animated and talkative people get when you mention food. The mere aroma of certain foods can evoke memories that transport us back to a special place and time. Food can bridge the gap between all ages, races and ethnicities.
Let's face it, the only thing that should ever come between people is a table and some serving bowls.

Thursday, February 1, 2007

Being home sick has made me delusional......For some reason my little cold virus doesn't want soup




It wants"Brontosaurus sized Cheeseburgers"
My hunger mixed with a slight fever has me turning into Fred Flinstone or at least given me his appetite.
Any cheeseburger will do at this point....I am salivating just thinking about it.
Humor me.....Not the best post in the world but what do you expect(I'm Sick...achoo)!

I'm going to go feed my cold a cheeseburger.

Italian Style Cheeseburgers
1 pound lean ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon leaf basil, crumbled
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon leaf oregano, crumbled
1/8 teaspoon pepper
6 slices Colby or Cheddar cheese
6 sandwich buns, split and buttered Lightly mix the ground beef with onion, salt, basil, garlic powder, oregano, and pepper, just until blended.. Shape mixture into 6 patties. Place on broiler pan then broil on both sides until done as desired. Top each patty with a slice of cheese; return to broiler just until cheese begins to melt. Serve in the buttered buns.Cheeseburger recipe makes 6.

No comments: