Welcome

I am constantly amazed at how animated and talkative people get when you mention food. The mere aroma of certain foods can evoke memories that transport us back to a special place and time. Food can bridge the gap between all ages, races and ethnicities.
Let's face it, the only thing that should ever come between people is a table and some serving bowls.

Monday, April 6, 2009

A Really Jerky Review

I have always been a huge fan of beef jerky for as long as I can remember. There was a time that beef was the only meat jerky available for purchase. Things have changed greatly over the years now jerky is made out of every type of meat and fish imaginable and most recently it was brought to my attention and to my taste buds a jerky made of fruit. I have to say that I was quite surprised. I actually thought that pineapple jerky just meant that the meat had been marinated in pineapple juice before drying. Wasn't I surprised when I saw this pretty as a flower piece of natural pineapple that had been processed into jerky.
At first before trying it, I was thinking of the dried pineapple that you can get in most stores that I really do not care for. It tends to be too sweet and grainy and for the most part no longer tastes like pineapple instead it tastes like pure sugar.
That is not the case with this pineapple jerky, I do not know what the people at Jerky.com did but this stuff is delicious. It is literally a slice of fresh pineapple with the addition of a little honey that has been made into jerky. It still retains the flavor of eating fresh pineapple only with the chewiness of jerky. This is truly a delicious product as well as a very nutritional way to tame that sweet tooth, a definite must try.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must admit, being that I was able to taste this sweet treat, it took me by surprise. I love pinapple, but sometimes it doesn't love me... but this was fantastic AND it liked me! I wish this was in stores around here. It is almost too pretty to eat. No dried white crystals, no "fake" smell; just the real thing.

Definately something I would purchase.
Pamm

Julie said...

Thank you, Pamm