Welcome

I am constantly amazed at how animated and talkative people get when you mention food. The mere aroma of certain foods can evoke memories that transport us back to a special place and time. Food can bridge the gap between all ages, races and ethnicities.
Let's face it, the only thing that should ever come between people is a table and some serving bowls.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Hug A Ghost Today......If You Can



I am certainly no expert on ghosts unless of course you are referring to Casper the friendly ghost, the friendliest ghost I know. Casper is so darn friendly I am sure the rest of you all know him as well! As friendly as he is though, you just can't reach out and touch him. It's like trying to hug air or nail Jell-O to a tree, it just can't be done. If you go by the ghosts you see on TV or read about in books it really seems like the majority of the ghost population is pretty much untouchable. As humans it is said that lack of touch tends to shorten ones life but apparently in the case of ghosts, lack of touch has no effect on that; "Roam the earth for all eternity thing"! Sad really, I am sure that they would like to shorten the amount of time spent in all eternity......oh well! As a sign of compassion for all those untouchable ghosts out there I will create this post in their honor.
It sure takes a heck of a lot of balls to roam the earth for all eternity without ever getting a handshake or a hug or any kind of touch at all.

Ghost Balls

1 can of sweetened condensed milk
1 lg. box of Rice Krispies
1-1/2 bags of the large marshmallows
1 cup of butter (2 sticks)
60 Kraft caramels

 Melt butter and caramels with milk in a double boiler or on low heat in a sauce pan. When completely melted, dip marshmallows one at a time in caramel mixture then roll into Rice Krispies.

FYI- Those thin pretzel sticks are great to use for dipping your marshmallows and make a nice salty handle to compliment all that sticky sweet goodness.

 Place on waxed paper to cool, keep in air tight container.

4 comments:

Katy ~ said...

I can imagine the delight of children with these. Oh my, such a sugar rush!

Julie said...

You are right Katy the children will love these. I also know quite a few adults who will be equally delighted.

Anonymous said...

I must say sweets your whit still tickles me. You are freakin funny. So when are you making theses balls. Okay that didn't sound right but hey it is appropriate. Hugz.

Julie said...

I am glad I can make you laugh little one....Christine I will be more than happy to make these balls for you anytime! Hugzzz