Welcome

I am constantly amazed at how animated and talkative people get when you mention food. The mere aroma of certain foods can evoke memories that transport us back to a special place and time. Food can bridge the gap between all ages, races and ethnicities.
Let's face it, the only thing that should ever come between people is a table and some serving bowls.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Well, "Hello Dollies"

I got a really nice treat this weekend. I went to my grandmothers on Saturday not only did she have the usual pizzelle’s and date bars. But as an added surprise, she made a batch of “Hello Dollies”. I haven’t had these in about ten years. I feel silly that I haven’t made any myself; the recipe couldn't be any simpler.I think we just get spoiled; everything tastes better when grandma makes them.


Hello Dollies:
1 pkg. graham crackers-CRUSHED
1 stick butter
1/4 cup sugar
MIX WELL-PRESS INTO BOTTOM OF 9x11 PAN
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 can eagle brand milk

MIX AND SPREAD EVENLY OVER CRUST
BAKE 40 MINUTES IN 300 DEGREE OVEN
COOL---CUT IN SQUARES---SERVE

No comments: