Welcome

I am constantly amazed at how animated and talkative people get when you mention food. The mere aroma of certain foods can evoke memories that transport us back to a special place and time. Food can bridge the gap between all ages, races and ethnicities.
Let's face it, the only thing that should ever come between people is a table and some serving bowls.

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Getting Corny on Super Bowl Sunday

I thought that I would join the “Super bowl Sunday” snack bandwagon that has been going around for the past couple of weeks. I have to say I have seen some really good ideas for perfect Super bowl party fare. I love popcorn, it’s just a great all around snack food that is really fun to share ……. So please pass it around, have fun and enjoy!

Honey Roasted Popcorn

1/3 cup honey
1/4 butter
1/2 brown sugar
4 cups popcorn (popped)
1/2 tablespoon milk

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
In a good size bowl mix the honey, butter, brown sugar and milk. Add the already popped popcorn and mix. Spread on a cookie sheet or in a baking pan and bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes, watch carefully it can burn easily. Let cool a bit then enjoy

9 comments:

Carla said...

Hmm I have all those ingredients. Maybe I'll try this for the big game tonight.

Julie said...

Not only does it taste good Carla but it's really, really easy to make.

Chris said...

This would gain some huge brownie points! Looks irresistible.

Tracy said...

Great idea for a Super Bowl snack! I'll bet it was yummy!

Julie said...

Thanks Tracy, yummy and easy are always a winning combination.

Petula said...

Mmmmm... this sounds good.

Anonymous said...

I love simple, rich foods. I totally agree that some of the best foods were made int he poorest time. This looks great!

Julie said...

Thank you Katie

Julie said...

Thank you so much Petula