Welcome

I am constantly amazed at how animated and talkative people get when you mention food. The mere aroma of certain foods can evoke memories that transport us back to a special place and time. Food can bridge the gap between all ages, races and ethnicities.
Let's face it, the only thing that should ever come between people is a table and some serving bowls.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Doesn't This Sound Good?


I just saw this in a magazine that my grandmother gave me and it sounded so good I thought that I would share it with everyone. I was just picturing how good this would be with other seasonal fruits such as cherries, pineapple or how about some fresh figs.
I bet this would be terrific served with some pound cake.

Brandied Grapes

Seedless green grapes (the recipe says to leave whole but I don't see why you couldn't cut them in half if you wanted to)
Brandy( about a 1/3 of a cup per pound of grapes)
Sour cream
Nutmeg to taste
Cinnamon to taste

Cover grapes with brandy, cinnamon and nutmeg to taste. Marinate overnight. Serve with sour cream. Keep sour cream in separate bowl.

4 comments:

Chris said...

This would have been a perfect ending to my dinner tonight!

Sorry I haven't commented in..forever! I have been reading though! Thought of your Clamato post when buying veggie juice today and the Clamato was a few bottles down.

Have a great week!

Julie said...

No need to apologize Chris, we are all busy. I wish I commented more than I do.

brandin + kari said...

Yum! This sounds excellent! I am not a huge fan of sour cream. Would it work with Creme Fraiche?

-Anticiplate

Julie said...

Thanks for stopping by Anticiplate,
I am sure the creme fraiche would work equally well.