Welcome

I am constantly amazed at how animated and talkative people get when you mention food. The mere aroma of certain foods can evoke memories that transport us back to a special place and time. Food can bridge the gap between all ages, races and ethnicities.
Let's face it, the only thing that should ever come between people is a table and some serving bowls.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

What A Crock

I have probably had the same Crock pot for more than twenty years. Why I don’t use it more I will never know, it is such a time saver. It’s usually coming across some clever crock pot recipe that drives my curiosity and leads me to take it out and place it back on the counter.
I love German potato salad and have followed a traditional recipe for years. I came across this recipe in a magazine and just had to give it a try, not to mention the fact that I really, really missed my crock pot.
All kidding aside, I tried this recipe and you can’t believe how good it is and how easy. I really should use my crock pot more.

Crock Pot German Potato Salad

5 lb. potatoes, boiled in skins, cooled, peeled and sliced

1 lb. bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
1 lg. onion, diced
1 (16 oz.) bottle Wishbone Italian salad dressing (doesn't have to be wishbone)

Layer ingredients in crock pot and pour bottle of salad dressing over top. Heat several hours on low setting before serving.

No comments: