Welcome

I am constantly amazed at how animated and talkative people get when you mention food. The mere aroma of certain foods can evoke memories that transport us back to a special place and time. Food can bridge the gap between all ages, races and ethnicities.
Let's face it, the only thing that should ever come between people is a table and some serving bowls.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Twice Baked, Double Good


My mother use to always make twice baked potatoes; it’s another great way to use up leftover meats and vegetables. You can use any type of cheese or seasoning not to mention; cream, cream cheese, sour cream, mascarpone I could just go on and on.
While at my grandmother’s for Easter dinner she made blue cheese twice baked they were so good and the flavor matched really well with the garlicky leg of lamb.

Blue Cheese Twice Baked Potatoes

4 medium-sized russet potatoes
4 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
2 Tbsp. butter
1 pint heavy cream
1 tsp. finely chopped parsley
1/2 tsp. of garlic powder
1/2 cup blue cheese
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste

Bake potatoes until fully cooked.
Sauté bacon with the butter for 3-4 minutes in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add remaining ingredients; simmer on low heat for 6-8 minutes.
Cut baked potatoes in half lengthwise, removing potato from the skin leaving 1/4 inch shell. Set shell aside. Mix potato with the cream mixture until thoroughly combined.
Fill potato shells with mixture either with a spoon or if you like it a little fancier use a pastry bag with decorative tip.
Bake potatoes in 350ºF oven for 12 to 15 minutes until heated through.


Some of my fav's; "Swiss cheese, spinach and mushroom or Cheddar, bacon and Scallion not to mention Crab and Brie with Artichokes (sinful).

2 comments:

Chef John said...

Hello Julie!

Chef John here (from foodwishes.com) I just added your link to my site. I tried to email you, but your evil AOL mail server kicked back my message. God, I hate AOL. Anyway, just wanted to thank you for the link and BTW I'm also a 3 way mix of Italian, Russian and Polish!

Happy cooking, I enjoy your site and hope you and your viewers enjoy my video recipe clips. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Hey Julie,

Thanks for popping by Cooler Insights! You do have a wicked looking blog full of yummy diet busting goodies too. I am always amazed at how food bloggers manage to put so much love into each and every post. Bon appetit!